One of my most enjoyable addictions is Pinterest and I was excited to find a coconut macaroon recipe to try as I have been obsessed with lemon and coconut (together or separate!) desserts lately. I found this 4 ingredient recipe courtesy of the Pepper Design Blog, click the link for the original recipe.
Ingredients (I was low on coconut so halved the recipe):
3 cups sweetened coconut flakes (I ended up mixing in half unsweetened and they were still yummy!)
1.5 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate discs (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350° F (our oven cooks really hot so I next time I would preheat to about 325° F) and line cookie trays with parchment paper and/or cooking spray
2) Whip egg whites, sugar and salt
3) Add coconut and mix thoroughly
4) Use spoon to scoop into mounds on cookie tray (this method didn’t work well for me so I scooped them up in my hands and tried to shape them into nice mounds… I really need to work on my form!)
5) Bake for 12-15 minutes (15 minutes was just a bit too long for my first set, 12 minutes worked much better.
6) While the macaroons are baking, melt chocolate to drizzle on top. I melted the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl placed over a pot of water on medium heat. Once melted I used a spatula to drizzle on top.
Hubby and I both thought these were delicious!! I want to work on the form a little bit so lucky me, I get to make a few more rounds of these! So quick and easy for a delicious treat.
What coconut recipes have you made?